XBOX Alpha 2
The XBOX Alpha 2 was the second version of developer kit given to devs to work on.
Franken Alpha Guide
You can make a 98% functional Franken Alpha with the following PC parts.
- 128MB RDRAM - RAM Single DIMM
- Continuity RIMMS - Single (this is a Dummy Ram chip, needed for the unit if the motherboard uses RDRAM. Which in this case we do, Since most VC820 mobo's have 2 slots. One for the 128MB DIMM and the other for the RIMM "Dummy".)
- INTEL VC820 OR CC820 - MOBO
- Nvidia GeForce 2 AGP NV-1017 OR MS-8837 -- With 64MB RAM - GPU
- OPTi 82C861 - USB Card
- Intel Pro 100 M - Ethernet
- Slot 1 Intel PIII XXXXMHz - CPU (Needs to be a minimum of 733MHZ but 1GHZ will work fine.)
- 20GB IDE Hard Disk.
- IDE CD Drive.
- 250 Watt PSU.
- A USB modded XBOX Controller.