The XeDK Beta2 is the second prototype console available post Alpha era. It is not built on "borrowed hardware" like the Alpha kits.
Known motherboard hardware revisions.
- X801054-008, First motherboard revision for Beta2.
- X803600-009, Second motherboard revision for Beta2, shows red "PRE-RELEASE HARDWARE" text in XSHELL.
- X803600-010, Found in all prototype XeDK's.
- 2.0.1839.2 Suspected first recovery for the Beta2 era.
- It can execute XEX2 executables, but not XEX1.
- It's suspected that MS repurposed some Beta2 hardware and reshelled the kits as finals with upgraded recoveries.